The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of holiday s’mores danced in their heads.
All year long we dream about s’mores.
As you may have gathered, we love s’mores here at Everybody’s Invited. We usually enjoy s’mores in the summertime, gathered around a fire with friends. We even get a little competitive about our s’more-ing. The other day, we were craving a little melted marshmallow-y treat, and it occurred to us that s’mores don’t have to be seasonal. Why not try to make a holiday s’more recipe?
Introducing the White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie S’more. Fit for Saint Nick himself.
Holiday S’more Idea: White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie S’mores
Ingredients for one White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie S’more:
- 2 gingerbread cookies (homemade or store-bought)
- A handful of white chocolate chips (or white candy melts)
- Festive sprinkles
- 1 vanilla marshmallow (homemade or store-bought)
Instructions for making one White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie S’more:
- Bake or buy your gingerbread cookies (we used this recipe from Post Punk Kitchen). For festive flare, use holiday cookie cutters – trees, stockings, stars, gingerbread men, etc.
- Melt a handful of the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds or so.
- Use a knife to spread the melted chocolate on one side of one of the cookies.
- Before the chocolate dries, decorate the gingerbread cookie with holiday sprinkles. We used gold edible star glitter and pearlized sprinkles.
- Take one plain (not chocolate-covered) gingerbread cookie and put it on a microwave-safe plate. Put one marshmallow on top of the cookie and place the decorated cookie on top of the marshmallow. Pop it in the microwave for about 10 seconds until the marshmallow has melted (microwave times will vary).
- Make yourself a cup of hot cocoa and enjoy your holiday s’more!
For a more toasted marshmallow, you can try using the oven. If you like even more chocolate, we think a piece of dark chocolate inside the s’more would make a super sweet treat.
Breakfast of champions for elves: two White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie S’mores and a cup of coffee with a candy cane.
Funny story about homemade marshmallows: I (Tara) tried to make them and failed miserably. It was such an awful, sticky (yet delicious) mess and I had to throw them out! At one point during the process, both of my hands were completely covered in marshmallow goo. It looked like I was wearing marshmallow mittens, which sounds way more awesome than it actually is. Oh well! At least I gave something new a shot (which is what we’re all about here at Everybody’s Invited!).
Watch out for sneaky, tiny hands trying to steal your holiday s’mores as you photograph them!
Now we can’t stop dreaming of more holiday s’more recipes, like Triple Chocolate Cookies with Peppermint Marshmallows. Yum!
What about you? What ingredients would you use to make a holiday s’more?